A Sandy Dinosaur
- Fine and dry sand
- Newspaper (to limit the mess!)
- Construction paper or cardboard
- Draw a landscape on the cardboard or construction paper.
- Draw one or many dinosaurs on your scenery.
- Ask your child to add glue onto the dinosaurs only.
- Sprinkle sand onto the dinosaur drawings.
- Blow softly onto the paper to remove the left over sand and drop it onto the newspaper.
The Potato Family
- Clothes pins
- Nature objects (twigs, leaves, shells, grass, etc.)
- Choose regular size potatoes. Wash them and dry them well.
- Cut a small part of a potato so it can stand on its own.
- Decorate your potato by dressing him up with your “nature” objects. Use glue or baby pins to make your costume.
Leaves on Paper
- Tree leaves
- Paint and paint brushes
- Sheets of paper
- Collect different types of leaves with your child. Make sure to keep leafstalk.
- Paint one of the leaves.
- Place the painted leaf face down on the sheet of paper. Press delicately without moving the leaf.
- Pull off the leaf and admire your work of art!
Life in miniature
- A magnifying glass
- A rope
- Place the rope on the ground to trace a path
- Ask your child to follow the rope on hands and knees with his magnifying glass and tell you what he sees.