Your children can help!
Depending on the age of your child, the following tasks will not be performed perfectly but you must initiate them while they are young or they will never learn! Many of these tasks will require supervision at first.
Between 3 and 5 years old
- Putting away their toys when they are done playing.
- Performing little tasks when you are cleaning up.
- Simple bathroom care like washing hands and brushing teeth.
Between 6 and 8 years old
- Basic body care.
- Choosing clothes for the following day.
- Putting dirty clothes in the laundry bin.
- Making his bed.
- Setting the table and taking his plate away.
- Folding towels and some clothes.
Between 8 and 10 years old
- Rinsing his bath and putting away his bath toys
- Using a vacuum cleaner or a broom
- Drying the dishes, emptying the dishwasher
- Putting away the groceries
- Waking up and getting ready on his own
- Putting clothes away
- Washing hair
- Feeding an animal
- Taking out the trash