The Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Pocket Guide created by the team at Hôpital Sainte-Justine also includes advice on commonly used medications and products.
- For your well-being, take basic precautions such as getting lots of rest, eating well, practising good dental hygiene, increasing your fluids, etc.
- Report any symptoms or discomfort to your healthcare professional.
- Some medications are safe to take during pregnancy, while others should be avoided. Talk to your healthcare professional.
- If you have a complication-free pregnancy, you can engage in mild to moderate exercise. Always consult your healthcare professional before starting any new activity.
The Pregnancy section of the Guide also answers your questions on the following topics:
Common Symptoms in Pregnancy
- Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (NVP)
- Heartburn and gastric reflux
- Pain, headache and backache
- Seasonal allergies
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion and cold
- Vaginal infection
- Insect bite prevention
- Head lice treatments
Commonly Used Products
- Natural health products
- Artificial sweeteners
- Hair colour and perm products
The Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Pocket Guide is available for download now. You will find all sorts of tips on common conditions as well as medications and products commonly used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Take it along with you for helpful answers to your questions. Available as a PDF or as an ePub for downloading to mobile devices.