The Breastfeeding section in the Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Pocket Guide created by the team at Hôpital Sainte-Justine also includes advice on commonly used products.
- For your well-being and to increase your milk supply, get lots of rest, eat a balanced diet and breastfeed in a calm environment.
- Report any symptoms or discomfort to your healthcare professional.
- Some medications are safe to take while breastfeeding, while others should be avoided. Talk to your healthcare professional.
The Breastfeeding section of the Guide also answers your questions on the following topics:
- Sore nipples, drying and cracking
- Milk “coming in”
- Normal breast fullness
- Severe breast engorgement
- Products to increase milk production
- Weakened pelvic floor
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Headache and backache
- Seasonal allergies
- Cough and sore throat
- Nasal congestion and cold
- Hemorrhoids and perineal pain
- Heartburn and gastric reflux
Commonly Used Products
- Natural health products
- Artificial sweeteners
- Insect bite prevention
- Head lice treatments
- Wart treatments
- Back to fertility
You can download the free Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Pocket Guide now. You will find all sorts of tips on common conditions as well as medications and products commonly used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Take it along with you for helpful answers to your questions. Available as a PDF with an interactive Table of Contents or as an ePub for downloading to mobile devices.