Extenso offers you 12 tips to alleviate these discomforts :
- Eat foods that you like and can tolerate.
- Take many small meals, every 2 to 3 hours.
- Don’t skip meals and avoid being hungry.
- Before getting up in the morning, eat a piece of dry bread, a few crackers or dry cereal.
- Get out of bed slowly and avoid sudden movement.
- Leave out high-fat and fried foods. Opt for foods that are rich in carbohydrates such as fruit, cereal, rice and potatoes
- Avoid foods with strong odours as well as coffee, garlic and spicy foods.
- Avoid cooking smells while eating cold meals by opening windows or letting someone else prepare your meals.
- Drink between meals.
- Don’t brush your teeth immediately after eating and avoid contact between your toothbrush and your tongue.
- Rest as much as possible.
- Avoid cigarette smoke.
The following foods cause alleviate your symptoms. Try them!
- Acid or sour: citrus fruit, lemonade, pickles
- Earthy: brown rice, cream of mushroom
- Crunchy: celery sticks, apples
- Plain : mashed potatoes
- Salty : chips, pretzels
- Soft : bread, pasta
- Sweet : cakes, sugary cereal
- Fruity : juice, fruit sorbets or ice creams
- Dry : crackers
A pregnant woman’s nausea are obviously unpleasant, but they’re generally harmless. However, if they cause many daily vomiting episodes, you risk dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, metabolic abnormalities and weight loss. If this is your situation, consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Text belonging to Extenso, a reference center on human nutrition. Extenso’s mission is to raise public awareness on better nutritional health through an objective interpretation and effective circulation of current scientific knowledge about nutrition.