A few tips
- Plan the meal well in advance and prepare everything you can in the morning to have enough time to enjoy your dinner!
- Plan a meal that is not too heavy for your stomach. Foods that digest slowly cause drowsiness and you don’t want to nod right after dinner!
- Try to incorporate at least one stimulant ingredient (listed further down) in each service (cocktail, appetizer, main course, dessert)
- A must: decorate your table and the menu with red, pink and orange accessories!
- Chocolate, no matter its form, is essential for a successful Valentine’s dinner. For example, you can accompany it with exotic, fresh or frozen fruits and a hint of mint and rum…
- Don’t forget champagne for dessert!
It is said that…
- Oysters increase fertility.
- The following fruits and vegetables are sexual tonics: pumpkin, artichoke, onions, celery and asparagus.
- Seafood and fish would also have stimulating effects. They are a source of energy…
- Some spices would stimulate blood circulation and thus have aphrodisiac properties: cinnamon, ginger, pepper, curry, nutmeg and cloves.
- Poppy seeds and vanilla would also have beneficial properties for big hugs…
It is true that…
- Theobromine and caffeine contained in chocolate confers it tonic and stimulating properties. Furthermore, biting a chocolate square releases endorphins, the hormones of pleasure, responsible for a euphoric effect.
- Even if all the exciting qualities of these foods are most probably a myth, we could hardly deny their positive psychological effect!
The prelude to those sweet and exciting moments with your man would not be as successful without a delicious cocktail. Here are a few suggestions.
Seduce the eye
Your Prince Charming will probably stare at you all evening… because you are the most beautiful! The atmosphere of Valentines Day is always more appealing when the décor where the lovers are enjoying a delicious meal is festive and romantic.
Of course, candles are a must. Use your most fabulous chandelier. A red or pink table is appropriate but white is always easier on the eye. You could add a touch of red and pink here and there.
Put a bowl of cinnamon hearts on the coffee table. Don’t forget the essential flowers, in the kitchen or anywhere you like.
Music is another essential element to create a romantic atmosphere… Maybe you can create a playlist in advance. Choose sweet yet uplifting songs and songs that have been meaningful to you and your partner throughout your relationship.