A touch of elegance for a traditional family Christmas
Stylist Nadine Joannette offers us a variety of ideas for different circumstances and settings. The places we'll go to and the people we’ll be with are important factors to consider when choosing the right look
- For family reunions, opting for femininity, simplicity and good taste.
- Satin, silk, chiffon, velvet are excellent recommendations, and so are high heels when it comes to shoes. A touch of patent-leather can also be considered.
- Accessories are a must to complement your holiday outfit, but wear one of two pieces at most, depending on your outfit. A big bracelet and medium-sized earrings are a good example.
For a Christmas in the countryside, comfort is at the forefront
- Forget glittering accessories, shiny tops and high heels;
- Richness of the mesh will highlight a casual and stylish outfit : think cashmere, angora, mohair
- Blue, black or velvet jeans are a great choice, especially when paired with thin-soled and metallic sneakers;
- A wool tunic dress paired with a flat suede boot;
- A faux fur sleeveless jacket is really stylish and perfect for the occasion;
- Leggings and a tunic-lenght sweater with a large belt;
- In terms of accessories, minimal is the key word: a beautiful watch and a wide leather or suede belt are great options.
For the office party, sobriety is a definite must.
Now’s the time to wear your little black dress embellished with accessories such as a big ring and lace tights. A satin suit and chiffon blouse will make an impact in a very tasteful way. Plunging necklines or transparent fabrics are not advisable; keep them for New Year’s Eve!
Let’s party on New Year’s Eve!
Generally celebrated with friends, it's time to indulge in a bit of extravagance. Gloss, seductive tops, glitter, transparency and even leather pants are attention-drawing choices!
- Accessories are big and chunchy, so choose only one or two pieces to complement your look;
- Wear something bright and shiny, according to where you are;
- Be comfortable and feminine in your clothes;
- All shades of purple or violet are very trendy;
- Plateform high heels elongate the legs and are a lot more stable than `we might think;
- Avoid being covered by sequins from head to toe;
- Never have a neglected look;
- Forget wearing Christmas colours, such as the red and green combination!
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!