Chiropractic medicine offers natural care complementary to your obstetrical follow-up throughout pregnancy, allowing the treatment of musculoskeletal tension and pain.
Pregnancy is an important period of postural changes in women. Indeed, the spine is subject to significant physical stress that alters the normal biomechanics of the body.
- Widening of the rib cage
- Increased lumbar lordosis
- Basin enlargement
- Increased breast volume
- Progressive weight gain
- Increased ligament laxity.
At the first meeting, your Chiropractic Doctor will make an overall assessment of your state of health and a complete physical examination adapted to your reason for consultation.
Chiropractic care is safe throughout pregnancy and usually aims to alleviate these conditions;
- Muscle pain related to posture changes
- Pain in the lower back / neck
- Point between the shoulder blades
- Headache sciatica
- Carpal tunnel
Depending on the quarter, some discomforts are more common.
1st trimester :
- Morning sickness / Vomiting
2nd quarter :
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux / heartburn breathlessness
- Back pain / coccyx / pubic symphysis sciatica
- Migraine and headaches
- Constipation Heaviness and leg cramps
- Tension / pain / numbness in arms and hands
3rd quarter :
- Sleeping troubles
- Pain at the pelvis / pubic symphysis sciatica
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cramps and heaviness in the legs
- Presentation of the baby by the seat
Chiropractic care can have a very beneficial effect in resolving certain symptoms by restoring the possible range of motion to the joints. Soft tissue techniques and chiropractic adjustments help relieve tension and provide lasting relief. Specific exercises adapted for pregnant women may be recommended to strengthen the pelvic and scapular area. For certain conditions, various recommendations may also be offered.
By improving the mobility of the pelvic joints and the flexibility of the muscles, chiropractic care promotes an optimal environment for positioning the baby in the uterus.
It is therefore important not to wait for the onset of symptoms to consult a doctor in chiropractic. Chiropractic is a suitable alternative and an ally of choice for pain relief related to pregnancy!
For more information, do not hesitate to contact me!