This spring, I get moving!
Rigorous exercise promotes a better oxygenation of the blood and stimulates the excretory (organs that eliminate toxins), which contributes to the process of purification and dislodges accumulated waste.
Set a specific goal to move at least four times a week, at least 20 minutes every day. Walking, running, dancing, gardening, cycling, swimming, rollerblading, etc.
I manage my stress better
Chronic stress produces excess cortisol (stress hormone). Excess cortisol promotes the development of an allergic background, makes the immune system less competent and imbalances the thymus and spleen (important glands that balance the immune system).
- Take time to breathe, laugh and relax. Find a course an activity, a moment that relaxes you.
- Control the air quality at home.
Most people spend three quarters of their time indoors. Therefore, they find themselves more exposed to indoors pollutants than outdoors. Many pollutants affect air quality: household-cleaning products, indoor plants, animals, mold and plastic… There are also volatile organic compounds (VOC) adhesives and solvents, particle boards furniture, pressed wood and plywood, cleaning products, insulation materials, new carpets, some flooring, aerosols, air fresheners, dry-cleaned clothes, some synthetic treatments for wood and paint. A very common VOC is formaldehyde, found in particleboards, wood veneer, pressed wood, shelves, conservative paint and some carpets.
In short, we are exposed to pollutants all the time and they stress our body, which only increases our toxaemia level.
But we should not forget that allergy is the immune system’s response to the irritation caused by excess allergenic components. So, the more you modify your environment positively, the more chances you have to see your allergies disappear or, at least, improve.
- Ventilate the rooms every day.
- If possible, buy an air purifier or an air exchanger.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to reduce dust and dust mites that can exacerbate the manifestations and symptoms of pollen allergies.
- Use green and organic cleaning products.
- Avoid aerosols and air fresheners.
Here are some natural products to prevent hay fever.
- Omega-3 supplements promote healthy cell membranes and decrease the production of allergy messengers and inflammation by our cells.
- Probiotics feed the intestinal flora, increase immunity and prevent the development of allergies.
- Bioflavonoids and quercetin stop the outbreak of histamine, reduce the symptoms of allergy, increase immunity and reduce the body’s response to various allergens.
For each health problem, the solution must come from a lifestyle improvement. If you are estranged to detox, do not hesitate to contact a certified naturopath who will guide you. Seasonal allergies are the manifestation of an imbalance of the body that requires to be treated as a whole vision of your health, treating your body as a whole instead of repressing the symptoms of seasonal allergy. Happy spring!