Moments where we say we made the right choice, memories that warm our hearts in times of doubt, joys that replace all tempting promotions from the boss, laughter that revives the fire in us, rituals that are sometimes comical but make us feel alive, songs that make us cry, amazing observations that we no longer see with our adult eyes, etc.
Dozens of moms have contributed to this list that continues to grow! You too can add your reason at the bottom of the article in the comments!
Why it's so good to be a mom...
- the wet kisses eliminate all the work stress
- the first time we hear the word "mom" pronounced by our child, it becomes the sweetest of songs! Then, millions of other times, it's sometimes a melody, a call for help, a lament, a sweet word, a repetition, etc.
- singing at the top of your lungs in the car with happy children makes us forget the traffic jams
- we can stay home for a year with our new treasure!
- we feel the Christmas magic through our children
- the house is never empty
- hearing our children laugh and have fun has no price
- we can watch princess and knight movies with no shame
- we stay young at heart a little longer
- we rediscover the joys of playing in the park
- hearing their little "i love you"s make my days
- our children's art pieces hide all the dents in the wall and the smudges on the fridge!
- the sound of their little feet running across the floor towards our bed makes us smile
- we learn to pick our battles and realize what really matters
- we open up a little more to the world around us, our neighbours, etc.
- we get so much closer to our family, and specifically, our mother
- sledding in the winter or swimming in the summer, while laughing with not a care in the world, feels magical
- kissing the cracks in the necks of our child is delicious!
- we grow and change all thanks to them
- the "your beautiful mom" almost erases our wrinkles!
- we finally understand our mother and all the other mothers out there
- we feel like we have a small part in changing the world... for the better!
- we learn to trust ourselves
- we understand the extent of the term "letting go!"
- we love and are loved unconditionally
- all the family suppers stay engraved in our minds
- our phone gets filled up with tons of photos of beautiful memories
- their little nose stuck in our necks feel like the most beautiful gestures of love
- even our tears don't feel the same
- we find strengths we didn't know we had
- being a mom makes us feel better every day
- being a mom makes us understand what love really is
- being a mom provides us with unsuspected energy
- being a mom makes us want to wake up every morning... and go to bed every night!
- hearing "mom, your shepards pie is the best in the world" fills me up with joy
- when our daughter becomes a mom too, it's the best gift in the world
- watching our child smile at us like we're the 8th world wonder is the best feeling in the world
- watching our child evolve makes us rediscover the world
- it gives meaning to our life: in the morning, to see their messy hair, their beautiful big eyes and their cracking smiles. In the day, seeing them marvel at small things; at night, watching them sleep like valiant conquerors who have fought the battle all day long, and who sleep to recover, to start their conquests again the next day!
- their birth, their first smile, their first word, their first steps, for a mom, are the most beautiful gifts life can give
- being a mom means unconditional love
- when we don't feel beautiful and our daughter reminds us that we're pretty even with dirty hair
- when my child falls asleep on my chest, he makes my heart beat
- these little generous creatures are a gift from the skies
- if you were a sun, I would be your ray; if you were a bird, I would be your wings; if you were a flower, I would be your petals; if you were a notebook, I would be your pages; if you were a pencil, I would be your eraser. In fact, I am only your mother, I love you and will always love you with the same irreplaceable love.
- being a mom is watching your life start to make sense through the daily gestures of love to and from our treasures
- having a child is the nicest vacation... there's always something new
- we finally understand the meaning of two words: live and love
- my daughter's smile brightens up my day, every hug makes me forget, even in the hardest of times. It's the most beautiful thing that can happen to a woman... being a mother.
- hearing "you're the best mom in the world" makes me believe it!
- watching our children grow up in a house full of love is amazing
- it's having the privilege of witnessing so many "firsts"
- being a mom is building the future
- we learn to appreciate every single small moment in life
- we get another chance to live our childhood
- it changes our lives and gives us a sense of purpose... we forget about our belly buttons to take care of theirs!
- it's not always easy but it is rewarding... especially when they fall asleep on your while twisting your hair in their little fingers
- I will become a mom in about 80 days. One of the best reasons to become a mother, in my opinion, is to perpetuate our values and to bring to earth people who will pursue our mission in their own way. I hope in my own way to help the survival of my planet by raising my children as a being with global consciousness.
- It forces us to stay in shape!
- I can garnish my fridge with the most beautiful masterpieces, my heart with happiness, and my house with bursts of laughter and smiles.
- we live the best day of our life with our spouse at the birth of our little treasure, and we finally get to hold him in our arms.
- To hear my child tell me I love you makes me forget all the troubles of my day.
- maternity allows us to no longer be self-centered ...
- giving life is the greatest and most beautiful achievement that a woman can perform. Every Saturday and Sunday morning when I listened to "fellows", from 6:30 am, with my little chips stuck on me under the blankets: it's worth more than all the mornings in the world that I could have had if I had not had children ...
- Instead of the alarm clock that rings, it's baby crying and as soon as we get to the room, we see a big smile on his face. Wow, it's a beautiful alarm clock!
- it is the most beautiful gift, to give life and especially to enrich their own through little bursts of happiness in everyday life.
- Being pregnant allowed me to get closer to my mother and my grandmother ... What a joy to live motherhood in 4 generations!
- It is to perceive the unconditional love in the eyes of our little hearts and to return it to them!
- Being a mother makes us realize how much our mom loves us.
- we rediscover love in its purest form
- a laugh, a first word, a discovery, the wonder of my child constantly motivates me.
- One becomes the prime model, who introduces them to the wonders of the world.
- being a mother is when I come back from work and my daughter shouts "MOM" and runs towards me, it makes me forget the worries of my day.
- to be a mother is to read the trust in her eyes.
- being a mother is the most beautiful thing that can happen to us, but as long as we do not live it, we do not believe it!
- It's good to read the joys that a child brings us! They change our lives for the better, in my opinion.
- To have a child is to finally find great love!
- his first smile capsizes our heart ...
- we see life differently, through their eyes and their daily discoveries. They make us see the beauties of life and the secret of happiness!
- we feel the blind trust, the total abandonment and the absolute love that our little pieces of cabbage have for us ... and there's nothing better than the cuddles of chubby little arms
81.There is nothing more magnificent than the series of first times!
82. children are the real parents, they are the ones who teach us life ... in addition to giving it all its meaning: we then advance with better reasons to fight.
83. The happiness that comes from a little being who looks into our eyes, smiles and floods us with an indescribable love is wonderful.
84. Your eyes are so beautiful, your eyes are magic; I wish your childhood dreams come true.
85. we are lucky to have this ray of sunshine smiling to illuminate our days.
86. Every day, from birth, is the happiest day of our life. Even when we all have gastro!
87. a mother is for life!
88. It's a sleepless night, but it's always for a good reason; it is able to dress knees and comfort; it is able to rock and admire; it is to be able to love as one has never loved.
89. it is to be inhabited by such a pride
90. it is to forget the fear of ridicule when we walk on all fours or when we talk wa wa wa with our baby since we are in a magic bubble with our child.
91. Since I am a mother, I have new qualities that I did not have before ... I am now patient and left-handed!
92. It's an adventure where, mother and baby discover, learn and grow together.
93. to give life is to want to make the most beautiful journey in the world through the eyes of your child, it is finally taking the time to stop and appreciate each moment of life and rediscover the essence of the existence to love and to be loved ...
94. relearning is what REAL happiness is, reading it on a child's smile, hearing it when singing songs ... it's TRUE happiness!
95. When my two-year-old son looks at me saying "mommy" and clinging to my neck, time stops and there is nothing else that exists. My wonderful boy is the greatest wealth of my life!
96. to make the choice to become a mother is to witness the development of a little being, to become the pillar on which his confidence in this world is built. Become a mother to learn from her lightness and ease of marvelling. Finally, to love and to be loved totally and infinitely.
97. to be Mummy, it is to feel the baby powder of our last baby, the foam with the balloon gum of the biggest one, the chocolate on the pink cheeks, the Cotton candy of the summer festivities, is feeling the sweet life that moms have the chance to give!
98. The best reason to be a mother is to watch your child marvel at every little thing in life.
99. to be a mother keeps our heart young. We have the impression that we are no longer ageing. We become the idol of our children and I admit that it is very rewarding especially when they tell us when they are bigger.
100. Being a mother makes us realize that there is no point in being bitter towards one's own mother!
101. Nothing is more worthy than a mother. Exceptional creator, breeder of small beings who become very large as life progresses.
102. during pregnancy we have all the love of the world and the attention, but that is never enough, because we always have the impression of being alone in our thoughts. But when our little angel is born, we never feel lonely anymore, we have the impression that all our emptiness and our thoughts are transmitted to a little treasure that does not know what life is and since the birth of my baby I have never felt so full of love, understanding and maturity.
103. to be a mother is to have more and more happiness every day.
104. to be a mother, is to be the pillar of the foundation of their life, whether they are 19 years old or 1 year old without a mother at their side, a child does not have all the bases to grow in life , the love to guide them and the hope that we can give them. For me, being a mother is a pride that can not be taken away and unconditional love for those I love.
106. It starts every morning when we approach the bassinette, and we are greeted with a wonderful smile, a glittering look and two small arms outstretched!
107. to be a mother is the pleasure to replay with wonderful childish games, what happiness found again!
108. we rediscover the essence of life through the eyes of our child. Nothing is more pure and sweeter than the laughter of a child, this moment sums up the richness of being a mother.
110. The smell of a baby is the most wonderful of perfumes. To be a mother is a marvel, to be loved without restraint and loved by unconditional love.
112. we do not see the time pass.
113. to experience unconditional love every day is to be a mother.
114. Tucked together against each other, I sing every night as we enter a world of dreams.
115. it is crazy the love that one feels when one becomes a mother ..... one can not imagine to love so much; when we give birth to a child, we fall in love! We never tire of laughter and smiles, it is our source of energy.
116. Being a mom is like seeing the sun rise every morning, total happiness.
117. To be a mother is to appreciate each moment and to wonder how one has lived so long without it
118. becoming a mother is like learning to walk ... We go on an adventure and want to experiment everything; we often stumble, but we always get up again and when one of our words or our actions makes a smile appear on the faces of our children, then just like walking, we have the impression of having taken a big step. Happy hike dear moms ...
119. For the stars, the light and the sparkles in the eyes of our little child when he discovers a new happiness of life.
120. Being a mother is opening one's eyes to the world and taking full advantage of what surrounds us. 121. life makes sense.
122. A little warm body that falls asleep in our arms is the most beautiful thing that exists!
123. rocking my little boy wrapped in a blanket to make him sleep makes me forget all my worries. And to hear his little breath that confirms me that he is asleep filled me with confidence in me.
124. The pleasure of being a mother is when one is present at one's first steps.
125. There is no more beautiful journey than that which one makes with our child.
126. Children are our best values.
127. To be a mother is to give life, while contemplating one's child, one realizes how magical it is!
128. To be a mother is to see oneself in the eyes of one's children, to see the striking similarities with me and their dad ... It's the best job in the world!
129. The happiness of being a mother is incommensurable. This little being brings us a ton of pure energy every day. Their little smiles make us smile. Being a mother is simply wonderful since children are wonderful.
130. The best reason for having one or more children is in one equation: child (ren) + mother = lots of love and kisses.
131. the feeling of accomplishment and valorization is 100 times greater than in any paid work with unconditional love as a bonus.