What are the warning signs that suggest the need for a chiropractic consultation for my newborn baby?
- Baby has a positional preference for his head (always left or right);
- Baby cannot lift his head or push with his forearm around the age of three months;
How can chiropractic help prevent or reduce plagiocephaly?
By manipulations suitable for children, chiropractic care can:
- By restoring the cervical mobility;
- By relaxing the cervical muscles;
- By advising parents about different exercises to do with baby to promote motor development.
Chiropractic is a health care profession that aims to recover and maintain human health by interacting with the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems. Chiropractic adjustments restore joint mobility of the vertebral segments and reduce muscle spasms and inflammation.
In infants, the spinal adjustment is performed with the fingertips and the pressure is very light, like a gentle touch.
A chiropractor’s regular monitoring identifies possible sources of spinal dysfunction and prevents the emergence of future problems. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, the chiropractic care can include recommendations for a healthy lifestyle as ways to improve the posture of your child, tips on wearing a backpack and exercises. Proper spinal hygiene is the key to better health.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact me.